Why Upgrade Your Engine Compartment?
Modern systems are more efficient. Classic Auto Air’s high performance Engine Compartment Upgrade kit takes the Compressor Upgrade Kit to the next level by upgrading the condenser and all of the hoses as well.
- Converting to 134a? You get everything you need to convert to 134a except the refrigerant itself. More on Converting to 134a! Our highly efficient parallel flow condenser or 6-circuit stock replacement condenser (for Mustang & Cougar), along with the Sanden-style rotary compressor design will dramatically help system efficiency.
- Modernize the appearance of your engine compartment. The smaller & cleaner look of the Sanden-style compressor combined with Classic Auto Air’s Perfect Fit series condenser and pre-formed tubes are designed specifically to fit your stock application. Not only does it fit properly, but it looks good too!
- Save Horsepower. The Sanden-style compressor draws significantly less horsepower than a stock Ford compressor. As little as 2-5 horsepower, compared to 10-15!
- Save Weight. The Sanden-style compressor is significantly lighter than a stock Ford compressor.
- Increase Fuel Economy. Less horsepower draw means better gas mileage.
- Running Engine at high RPM? The Sanden-style compressor can handle 6000 continuous RPM! Stock compressors can handle much less. Build up your engine and rev it up to leave someone in the dust and your stock compressor could lock up.
What Is An Engine Compartment Upgrade Kit?
An engine compartment upgrade kit uses a high-performance 6-circuit condenser, stock replacement condenser or parallel flow condenser (depending on year/make/model) & rotary compressor to connect to your car’s original factory a/c interior air conditioning components, using your factory original brackets & pulleys.
What Do I Get With This Kit?
- Sanden-style compressor assembly w/2-groove Pulley
- All required compressor & idlers adapter brackets
- Classic Auto Air's 6-circuit stock replacement, serpentine condenser
- Expansion valve
- Suction hose
- Discharge hose
- Liquid hose(s)
- O-Rings & Oil Tube
- Refrigerant "cork" insulation tape.
Can I Install this Kit Myself?
- The average hobbyist can install without difficulty
- Charging the system, however, should be performed by a professional.
- No other specialized tools or knowledge is required for installation of this kit