Engineered specifically for your 66-69 Dodge/Plymouth B-Body with Small Block V8 engine (318, 340, 360) and factory a/c.
Classic Auto Air's affordable engine compartment upgrade kit will not only help you save on horsepower, give you better fuel economy and performance, allow for a continuous duty rating of 6,000 RPM and save half the weight of the stock compressor, but it'll look cool in the process as well! It's also exactly what you need when converting your air conditioning system from to 134a!
WHY UPGRADE TO A ROTARY COMPRESSOR?
- Reduce shaft seal leak problems associated with the stock compressor.
- Majority of conversion from the old R12 to newer 134a. For more information on converting to 134a, CLICK HERE.
- Save horsepower.
- Improve fuel economy.
- Continuous duty rating of 6,000 RPM.
- Modernize appearance.
WHAT DOES AN ENGINE COMPARTMENT UPGRADE KIT INCLUDE?
- Rotary compressor & clutch assembly
- Compressor mounting bracket***
- Suction Hose (from compressor to evaporator)**
- Discharge Hose (from compressor to top fitting on condenser)**
- Reproduction Liquid Hose with 134a Charge Port
- Reproduction Liquid Line
- Direct Replacement parallel-flow high-performance condenser.
- Reproduction Condenser Mount Bushings (4-piece set)
- Replacement Expansion Valve & Refrigerant Tape
- Replacement Drier
- O-rings & hardware.
- All the tech support you need.
NOTE - For factory air-conditioning equipped vehicles only.
**Hoses supplied with one end open, along with the corresponding fitting and cutting/crimping instructions. Your local hydraulic shop can provide crimping services, or we can provide the crimping service for an additional fee. Instructions for both options will be included.
***Mount included with this kit is for a standard, single barrel carburetor (non Shaker Hood) Small Block engine that was originally equipped with factory A/C. Please contact us before purchasing if your car has a 426 HEMI, 6-pack or Shaker Hood or aluminum water pump housing. If cast iron housing, please include casting number, carburetor information, with or without power steering and whether the car has the correct factory A/C pulleys on it***